«DockApp» E-mail notification program for POP3 and IMAP4 servers
wmnotify is a "DockApp" application, running under WindowMaker, to periodically check a POP3 or IMAP4 email account for new messages. It also supports SSL encryption. When new messages are detected, the mailbox image is animated to give a visual indication that new mail has arrived. Additionnally, if desired, a sound can be produced from a WAV or AU audio file, or from the console bell.
For simplicity reasons, wmnotify doesn't support multiple POP3 accounts. But by starting a new instance of wmnotify and specifying an alternate configuration file on the command line, you can effectively check multiple POP3 accounts.
wmnotify is an "Open-Source" project written in C and distributed under the GPL license.
- 2013-11-05: wmnotify-1.0.1 has been released
Fix application crash when IMAP LOGIN command failed.
- 2011-03-17: wmnotify-1.0.0 has been released.
Added SSLv3 and TLSv1 methods in addition to SSLv2, added support for optional IMAP folder and fixed bug when receiving IMAP4 message with a length greater than 1024 bytes.
- 2006-02-19: wmnotify-0.3.2 has been released.
Fix for being able to compile with OpenSSL-0.9.8a.
- 2005-06-22: wmnotify-0.3.1 has been released.
Fix for IMAP servers that send responses into multiple packets.
- 2004-02-26: wmnotify-0.3.0 has been released.
Added support for IMAP4 servers and SSL encryption.
- 2003-04-04: wmnotify-0.2.2 has been released.
Bug fix for compilation error when 'libsndfile' is not installed.
- 2003-03-26: wmnotify-0.2.1 has been released.
This version now supports audio notification from a WAV or AU file.
- 2003-03-10: wmnotify-0.2 has been released.
New mailbox image.
- 2003-03-10: wmnotify-0.1 has been released.
- See the ChangeLog for more details.
This program was tested on the following systems:
- Linux From Scratch (LFS) 4.0;
About this site
Sat Nov 30 20:40:02 UTC 2013